False eyelashes have become a huge trend in 2009 and now it's must have for 2010! A number of celebrities have been photographed wearing fake eye lashes, among them: Pop star Lady Gaga (Get her look), model Agyness Deyn and X-Factor star Cheryl Cole. "Celebrity endorsement has really helped move this trend in the past few months, especially as party season approaches," says Jenni Middleton, editor of Professional Beauty magazine. She added, "People can opt for either individual or strips of false eyelashes to enhance what they already have and add a touch of glamour to party ensembles."
Glamour up this season! Here's How To Apply:
1. What look are you seeking? Choose a full set of false eyelashes in any design to create a high dramatic look to any evening appearance. Little clumps of fake lashes on the outside corners of your eyes create a subtle, sophisticated glamour.
2. Color: Complement any occasion with darker tones. Stick to black during the evening (or dark brown if you have pale lashes). It adds drama without requiring mascara. In the daytime, go dark brown (light brown or blond if you have pale lashes) for a natural look.
3. Check length: Full lashes should follow the natural line of your own lashes. Trim them with sharp scissors to accommodate your needs.
4. Begin with clean eyes. Free all makeup and debris.
5. Hold the lashes in your hand and apply a very thin line of glue or adhesive along the base; let it sit for 1 minute. Begin with a minimal amount of glue, adding more if needed.
6. Look into a mirror, either on the wall or placed on a countertop. Apply the false lashes above your eyelashes, as close to your lash line as possible, following its natural curve.
7. Adjust the lashes with your fingertips, tweezers or a toothpick. Press from end to end and hold until the glue dries (30 seconds to a minute, or sometimes less depending upon the adhesive). This allows the glue to set so that when you lift your fingertips from it, the lashes won't come along for the ride.
8. If you're using lash clumps, place them at the outside corners of your upper lashes (one or two per eye should suffice). Adjust their position with a toothpick, fingers or tweezers.
9. Apply eye makeup: You may find your new lashes dramatic enough without mascara, so take a good look in the mirror first.
10. Practice a few times first. It may take some time to perfect your look. Now your set to look your best!
Should you prefer to stick with your own eyelashes, you could boost their growth with Fusion Beauty LashFusion XL Micro-Technology Instant Lash Volumizer!
Cheryl Cole: Thick, fluttery; the longer the better!
Duffy: Heavy, dark, lashes, like Dusty Springfield revisited
Lady Gaga: Drastic length, tarantula clump
Michelle Obama: Uses stick-on ashes
Naomi Campbell: Uses bespoke lash extensions
Christina Aguilera: Devotes and exotic retro look
Ultra Fragrances.com has over 12,000 designer fragrances for men and women up to 80% off everyday! We are your one stop shop for designer beauty, hair, and skin care products fit for any occasion! Remember, at UltraFragrances.com you get FREE SAMPLES with every purchase and FREE SHIPPING with orders over $80! Visit often for exclusive offers and contest details for your chance to WIN BIG and SAVE! Got Facebook? How about Twitter? Did you know UltraFragrances.com fans receive special coupon codes and hot deals on this years fragrances including upcoming launches for 2010? - Add us below! Visit Ultra Fragrances.com today; where luxury meets affordability!